Enjoy healthy protein packed brownies and share! They won’t be able to tell they’re made with beans!
- 1 ~ 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ~ large eggs
- 3 ~ Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ~ tsp vanilla 5 ml
- 1/4 ~ cup unsweetned cocoa powder ( or carob)
- 2/3 ~ cup sweetner (we like to use monkfruit or xylitol)
- 1/2 ~ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 ~ tsp salt
- 1/2 ~ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 350* F (176 C). Puree black beans in a food processor. Add eggs, oil and vanilla and mix until evenly combined. In a separate bowl, combine and stir together the cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry until thoroughly mixed. Lastly, fold in chocolate (or carob), chips and chopped nuts (if desired.) Grease a 9×9 inch pan. Pour in batter and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the edges are visibly cooked, and the center is toothpick-approved. Cool before cutting & Serving.